What are dental implants?
Our teeth have roots that hold them securely within our gum and jawbone. If you are missing one or more teeth for any reason, a dental implant can be used to replace the root of the missing tooth/teeth.
Dental implants are typically made up of three parts:
- Implant, Abutment, Crown
Why do you need to replace missing Teeth?
The loss of a tooth or teeth could impact your physical appearance, speech, health and well-being if nothing is being done about it.
Over time, erosion of the bone at the site of the missing tooth/teeth may occur. This could eventually lead to the loss of other teeth and result in a “sunken” appearance in the facial features.
However, when a dental implant is placed at that site, the cells in the bone there will regenerate and fuse to the implant in a process known as osseointegration.
The replacement of missing teeth goes beyond the aesthetical aspect. It could also help improve the functioning of your teeth. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants means you can include more nutritious foods like nuts and fruit into your diet again, as well as resume enjoying the foods you love to eat.
Dental implant treatment is able to help you meet your dietary needs, restore your self-confidence and improve your quality of life.
Why choose Dental Implant?
- Dental Implant is the ideal solution for patients who are suffering from missing teeth or wearing dentures. With proper dental care, dental implant will be able to last for a long time and it will eventually improve your quality of life.
- Dental Implant is the next best thing to natural teeth. It is a strong and stable option to restore missing tooth. Implant is made to look, feel, fit and function like a natural tooth.
- Dental Implant will improve your chewy efficiency and allows the application of high bite force as compared to dentures. Better chewing will allow you to taste and enjoy your food better.
- The loss of teeth will lead to a “sunken-in” appearance. Such an appearance is typically associated with aging. When patients replace their teeth with Dental Implants, these teeth will support the lips and cheeks to eliminate the “sunken-in” appearance.
- When leaving missing teeth untreated, patients tend to eat softer food which are high in sugar and fat content and avoid fibrous or tougher food that are high in protein and vitamins. Replacing teeth with dental implants will enable patients to have a more balanced diet through improvement in chewing efficiency.
- Implant helps to improve your self-esteem and confidence. With implant treatment, you will be able to confidently speak and smile without the fear of denture dropping midway during a conversation.