Porcelain dental veneers are thin, porcelain shells bonded to the front of your teeth. They are primarily used to improve the shape, lighten colour, close spaces and in some cases, to align the teeth.
Veneers is also the treatment of choice in discolourations that are too dark to respond well to teeth whitening. These long lasting, ultra-thin porcelain shells can change the colour and the shape of the natural teeth and are an effective way to transform your smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Dental Veneers
Desire a more youthful smile? Porcelain dental veneers can provide excellent aesthetic results to improve your smile:
- Significantly change the colour of your teeth (if teeth whitening cannot lighten them, or root canal treated teeth that are discoloured.)
- Improve the shape and even align misaligned teeth.
- Close ugly spaces in the front teeth.
- Veneers are more resistant to staining from coffee/tea/red wine, than normal fillings, as they are made of high-tech materials.
- T32 in-house laboratory will customise all the veneers to achieve the most aesthetic and pleasing results.
Take years away from your worn-out, discoloured and tired smile. Rejuvenating you and your self-esteem!
- Consultation appointment (Approximately 30 min)
Detailed examination and analysis of your smile and needs.
- First appointment (Approximately 1 hour)
Prepare the teeth and take impressions for the veneer.
- Our dentists will work with our in-house laboratory to fabricate the dental veneers for you.
- Second appointment (Approximately 1 hour)
Seating of completed veneers and permanently bonding them to the teeth.
- Review of completed veneers.
Do note that in some cases when patients have parafunctional habits like night-grinding (Bruxism) or clenching, night-guards may be prescribed for the protection of these veneers.For more advanced Smile Makeovers, we conduct a comprehensive and detailed analysis of the patient’s smile (Aesthetic Smile Analysis). It is only then that will we be able to design the ideal smile for our patients using dental veneers.
Cost of Veneers
$1500 to 2300 per Veneer
We encourage you to speak with our dentist for a consultation to find out more about the dental treatment available for your condition, price ranges and other fees applicable.
FAQs on Veneers
- What is the difference between porcelain laminates and veneers?
Porcelain laminate and veneer are different terms used to refer to a thin porcelain shell that is shaped to resemble the front surface of a tooth. These shells are often used to restore damaged or discoloured teeth.
- What is used to bond the veneers to teeth?
We use a bonding adhesive to prepare the teeth, we then permanently attach veneers using resin and a special dental curing light, which binds the two together.
- How durable are veneers? Can they chip or crack? Will they fall off?
The veneers used at T32 are made of the highest quality porcelain, that should not chip or crack. Veneers have an average lifespan of at least 15 years. Good and regular maintenance will help veneers last longer, however, they are not meant to last forever so there is a need to have replacements at some point.
- Do veneers come in standard sizes or can they be customised to fit my teeth?
At T32 we customise each veneer to fit every patient's specific requirement; we do not rely on standard sizes.
- Is it true that tooth enamel must be removed to make space for the veneers? Is this harmful to my teeth and will it make them more sensitive?
The amount of enamel we remove differs from person to person. Some patients may not need any enamel removed, whilst others may need a considerable amount removed. The reason tooth enamel is removed is to ensure that veneers can be bonded to the teeth without looking too bulky or unnatural. This procedure is not harmful to your teeth and will not result in them becoming more sensitive.
- What circumstances would make my teeth unsuitable for veneers?
In general, unhealthy teeth with extensive decay and a weak structure are unsuitable for veneers. In addition, people who grind or clench their teeth are also advised to seek alternatives to veneers.
- What about hygiene standards at T32 Dental Centre?
We understand the concern for personal safety. T32 Dental Centre uses autoclave sterilisation and disposable/non-contamination techniques to ensure that the highest hygiene standards are met.
- Does this procedure hurt?
Most patients experience no discomfort; however some do report mild temporary pain.
- How much does this procedure cost?
At T32 our approach is to customise treatment for each individual. The cost will very much depend on each specific patient's programme. We believe that by doing this, we are able to ensure maximum value for patients as they are charged only for the treatment they need and not for general dental packages. This will eliminate any treatment or services not needed.